Following terms and conditions explain how MPR Movers operates in offering its packing, moving, and storage services. Please read carefully through the following as by using this website, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth in this notice.
OWNERSHIP OF THE GOODS
By asking us to do a moving job you represent and guarantee that:
- The goods to be removed are your own property free of any legal charge. OR
- You have the full authority of the owner or anyone having a legal interest in them to engage us to move them, and you have made the owner fully aware of these terms and conditions prior to booking our services and that they have agreed to them.
We accept payment by cash, credit cards (3% surcharge applicable), company bank cheques, demand drafts, and electronic bank transfers. We reserve the right to ask for initial deposit to confirm your booking. If the agreed payment is in cash, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have enough cash to pay the driver at the completion of the job. If payment is not made in full in this situation, the unloading of goods will not start until such time the full payment is made. We reserve the right to charge the payment from your credit card on completion of the job or any time during the job.
CANCELLATION OR RESCHEDULING
If you postpone, reschedule, or cancel your move, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable postponement or cancellation fee according to how much notice is given as set out below.
More than 7 working days before the job was due to start: No charge.
Between 2 and 6 working days before the move was due to start: 50% of the quote.
Less than 2 working days before the removal was due to start: 75% of the quote.
On the day the work starts or at any time after the work commences: 100% of our quote/invoice.
N.B: “Working days” refer to the normal working week of Monday to Friday and excludes weekends and Public Holidays.
LIMITATION OF OUR RESPONSIBILITY
We are responsible only for our own negligence and accept no liability of any kind of loss or damage caused by weather, bug or rodent infestation, rust, deterioration, an Act of God, an act of governmental agency or public enemy, or any other causes beyond our control.
We cannot be held responsible for any item that is damaged prior to moving, whether or not we pointed out the damage to the owner.
We cannot move propane or other pressurized tanks, fireworks and other explosives, firearms and ammunition, house paints, gas or oils, household cleaners, any other hazardous items, any prohibited items, or any perishable foods.
Any work or preparation that was mutually agreed to be completed by the client in advance that does not get completed prior to our arrival will likely result in a longer move leading to a higher final invoice.
Any additions to mutually agreed inventory can result in additional charges.
We are not able to disconnect or reconnect appliances that need live electric connections or plumbing connections.
We do not load or unload into lofts with pull-down stairs.
All online estimates are approximate, and not final. Every move is unique and services and estimates applicable to it can vary accordingly. All-inclusive flat rate estimates can be provided only after making a visit to your place to see the goods that need to be moved. When estimates are based on the details provided to you during the quote process, the actual cost may vary based on certain factors such as long carry, multiple staircases, elevator constraints, transportation time etc.
3 hours is the minimum threshold for an order. Peak days or weekends may entail a higher requirement. We charge in ½ hour increments and round to the next ½ hour.
Any updates in inventory lists have to be done in writing, through email or otherwise.
Elevator, loading dock reservations, and parking permits are the sole responsibility of the customer.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, extra charges such as local tolls and street parking meters are to be paid by the customer.
Tickets accrued due to the absence of parking permits and lack of adequate parking are to be paid by the customer.
All stoppage is billable (waiting for elevator setup, property key holder is late, etc.)
HIGH-VALUE ITEMS AND PERISHABLES
Please identify all items that have a value of above C$ 200 per kilogram.
We are not responsible for perishables or items such as laptops, cell phones, iPads, jewelry, collectibles, souvenirs, documents, medications, and semi-precious and precious stones or metals. We highly recommend that you arrange the transportation of these items on your own.
Our movers exercise utmost care to protect your furniture during the move. However, we will not be responsible for any damage to Ikea, pressboard, or compressed particle furniture during the move. Bulky bed frames, TV/entertainment cabinets, and kitchen cabinets are susceptible to damage, unless disassembled.
We assume no liability for the contents of drawers or other items of similar nature.
WALLS & HARDWOOD FLOORS
If we are asked to move oversized furniture in narrow and tight hallways, unfortunately, damage may result in floor and wall surfaces. If you wish MPR Movers to do this for you, we will not be responsible for the damage.
MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS AND APPLIANCES
MPR Movers will not be liable for the mechanical or electrical derangement of pianos, radios, phonographs, clocks, refrigerators, television sets, automatic washers, or other instruments or appliances.
MPR Movers prioritizes the safety of its employees. The foreman for a move will determine the safety of each procedure. We reserve the right to refuse to perform a service owing to safety concerns.
MPR Movers is not liable for any damages arising from unusual moving procedures; including but not limited to, rotating items on the ends other than the supporting legs, congested areas, complex staircases, sharp edges in lobbies and doorways, lifting and lowering items from the terraces, and weather-related damage.
We reserve the right to reschedule jobs owing to inclement weather that can put our fleet, crew, and your belongings at risk.
We require a path totally clear of snow and ice when loading and unloading our trucks.
If we have to shovel walkways, this time is billable.
We are not responsible for weather conditions.
We cover your move up to a maximum of C$100 per one kilogram for any damages due to our negligence.
If you want a stronger coverage for all or some of your items, please opt for additional coverage or arrange for your own insurance.
Following are excluded from our coverage:
- Damage to any owner-packed items, cartons, or containers, including plastic storage containers with no clear physical damage to the container itself.
- A missing shipping package if all packages were delivered to the destination.
- Loss or damage to lampshades, jewelry, watches, gemstones, cash, currency or bank notes, deeds, travelers checks, coin or stamp collections, sports memorabilia, alcoholic beverages, foods, medications, negotiable items, furs or garments trimmed with fur, ammunition, contraband, cigarettes, cigars, laptop or tablet computers, mobile or cellular telephones.
- Loss or damage caused by wear and tear, deterioration, changes in weather conditions, mold and mildew, infestations, pre-existing damages, or inherent vice.
- Functionality of any TV’s, Stereos, Computers, or other electronic equipment when no visible physical damage has occurred to the unit in question.
- Damage to any furniture made of any type of veneered chipboard, particle board, MDF —medium density fiberboard, composite board, or similar. Any decrease in quality thereof arising as the result of disassembling or assembling of any such items of furniture is also excluded.
- Crumpled or soiled clothing, linens, drapes, or rugs.
- Items not listed on the movers’ inventory.
- Items not shipped.
- Minor drywall and paint damage is not covered. It is inevitable that minor scratches dings and dents can occur from time to time, especially from moving large items in and around tight spaces.
- Any damages caused as a result of these being in the shipment: hazardous materials, items that are flammable, corrosive or explosive; perishables: food, plants or living things that may die or spoil in transit.
- Contributory negligence on the part of the owner and/or their agents due to an act, order, or omission on their part.
- In a residential move, loss or damage to any items or shipment that contains non household items, or items that are considered for commercial, industrial, or non-household use, including merchandise for sale or exhibition.
Tipping is not required but it is customary to tip movers as they work very hard.
For any questions about these terms and conditions, please contact us at